Client : Cleankill Environmental Services
Project : Eradication and preventative services for all public health pests
Year-on-year, build and raise the company’s profile locally, regionally and nationwide on b2b and b2c levels.
- As well as building brand awareness, PR objectives include:
- Helping the company secure more business accounts;
- Directing more online traffic to www.cleankill.co.uk;
- Improving natural SEO and reduce Google Adword spend;
- Supporting the work of the sales team;
- Building Cleankill’s reputation as a trusted source of information and first port of call for the press;
- Raising awareness of the different services it has to offer;
- Creating a positive buzz about the company;
- Helping the company in its efforts to be award winning;
- Increasing traffic to the company’s Facebook page, Twitter and LinkedIn accounts.
Our Approach to Date
- Press releases: Press releases drafted on a regular basis to highlight seasonal pest problems, using up to date stats and news hooks. Releases to date include ‘Don’t waste money on flying ants’ and ‘Are autumn flies causing you a problem?’ to name but a few. Other releases include highlighting company news such as ‘Cycle scheme helps Cleankill get greener’ as well as those predicting foreseeable pest control problems such as ‘Hotels warned to look out for unwanted guests over the Olympics’.
- Ezines: Using Constant Contact, Blueberry PR designs, writes and issues a quarterly e-zine to existing and potential customers. These include advice and tips on pest control, as well as company news and testimonials. The distribution list for the e-zine is constantly expanding and is proving itself to be a powerful and cost-effective marketing tool.
- Business Awards: Blueberry PR drafts and collates business award entries, leading to several industry accolades (details of wins below in results section).
- Ongoing Media Relations: Blueberry PR keeps on top of relevant media stories and forward feature schedules, seeking inclusion of relevant company information where possible. Client put forward as a ‘voice of the industry’ and secured in as many broadcast interviews as possible.
- Social Media: Blueberry PR posts regular company updates on social networking sites Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. Integral to Search Engine Optimisation, social media work ensures all e-communities are kept up to date with relevant news and activity, linking in with all offline work.
Paul Bates, Managing Director of Cleankill, said “PR has proved itself to be a vital part of the marketing mix and integral to the on-going success of the company. It’s given us a wider, more targeted audience and the ROI has been phenomenal.”
Suzi Christie, founder of Blueberry PR, comments “It’s a joy working for Cleankill and satisfying to witness the company turnover increase since PR was taken on three years ago. Paul is a fantastic client and working together to help it become an award-winning business is both enjoyable and rewarding.”
To date, PR work has generated a number of regional and nationwide pieces in the press, on the news as well as feature pages. Highlights include:
- Client quoted in pest stories making the headlines in The Mirror, The Guardian, The Daily Mail, The Daily Star and Metro among others;
- Client discussing wasp control as part of a pest control news piece on BBC South East;
- Coverage in client’s local press and regularly put forward to comment on topics of local interest; Caterpillar Hordes, personal profile, industry recognition, business awards.
- Client discussing wasp control as part of a pest control news pieces on BBC Sussex and Surrey radio; parakeet problems, transport problems, pigeon problems.
- Coverage achieved in Facilities Management and in pest control industry press; moth alert, pest control on TV, pest advice,
- Client appearance on Sarah Beeney’s ‘Help! My House is Falling Down’ demonstrating how to keep clothes moths under control;
- Cleankill is the first pest control firm in the UK to be awarded the Investors in People bronze standard (only 2% of businesses accredited by Investors in People achieve a higher standard). Other awards include the winners of the ‘Best Business for Customer Service’ category at the Croydon Business Awards 2012. The same award ceremony saw Cleankill be runners-up in the ‘Best Business for Training & Development’ and ‘Best Medium Sized Business’ categories;
- Rapidly gaining fans and followers on the Facebook and Twitter social media pages.